Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dreams really do come true

                I've been trying to think of the best way to share this news for weeks, but I'm fairly convinced there is no perfect or right way so here goes: I'M PREGNANT.  Words cannot describe the excitement that I have begun to feel as the last several weeks have passed, and yet that joy has always been balanced with the thought "is this for real?"  Well, I'm finally starting to believe myself that it is real so it's time to spread the word that Steve and I are expecting our miracle!  13 1/2 weeks along and all signs seem good so far. 
                As I began to share the news recently with friends who I've connected with due to our shared experiences of infertility and miscarriage, I was continually greeted with excitement and enthusiasm at the prospect of our story shifting from a bumpy journey into hope.  But I know that for some of you it is still hard to hear the news (it always was for me no matter how happy I was for my friends).  With that in mind, I don't want to go crazy and overwhelm you in this one post...I simply say thank you for your support through my blogging journey thus far.  Several people have asked me two questions as I have shared the news: what made the difference in you finally being able to get pregnant and what are you going to do with the blog?  I plan on answering those questions in posts to come soon, but today I'm thankful for your prayers for me and my husband.  I still can't quite comprehend it myself, but I am so grateful that God has allowed me to be where I am right here - right now - in this moment of life...and expecting a baby :).

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe there are no comments! I WANT TO COMMENT! I want to SHOUT it from the mountain top! I am overjoyed for you, Danielle. I love seeing this picture. I love that you have poured your heart and soul out on this blog. I know it is helping others. I love the picture, I love the Mommy. I can't wait to see what is in store!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel :). And don't worry...I've received lots of comments (via email and facebook and from people face-to-face) even if you don't see them posted on here.

      Delete