Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bring on the cake


                Well, this week marks my 27th birthday.  In case you were wondering, I plan on celebrating with some yummy desserts and various other foods that are normally off limits due to my dietary restrictions.  And now that I've drooled all over my keyboard just thinking about all that deliciousness, I guess it's time I move on to the real point of this post ;).  27...not a monumental age to turn by any means, but an age where I still find myself trying to become pregnant and hoping that this will be the year it happens.  When people would ask me during my early 20s when Steve and I were planning on having kids, I used to say that I wanted to start having kids when I was 25 and that I would be upset if I turned 26 without a baby in my arms or in my belly.  So when Steve told me he wanted to start trying to conceive just about a week after my 24th birthday, in my head (remember, I am a compulsive planner who plans out everything) I thought our timing would be perfect.  But then I turned 25...26...and now 27 still traveling the rocky road to parenthood.  One of the biggest lessons I've learned through this whole journey is that God needs me to let go of my plan sometimes.  I truly believe that He works all things for my good and I know that His timing will be flawless when He decides to bless us with a little one.  But still, I have to remind myself often as I continue down this journey that His plan is perfect because it's something I think most people tend to lose sight of in the midst of their struggles.  I pray that if you are reading this blog today, that you see God through your struggles...that you realize there is hope in the heartache (whatever that may be)...that you believe in His plan and His timing for your life...and that you seek Him for comfort and courage as you continue down your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment