Friday, September 7, 2012

Hope is a treasure...


                As I was pulling my checkbook out of my wallet the other day, I found this fortune cookie "fortune" I had saved.  Hope is the most precious treasure to a person.  I obviously thought it was an important reminder or else I wouldn't have kept it.  No matter what trials you may be facing, remember that keeping hope in your mind is always a precious gift.  Despite my much longer than anticipated journey to motherhood so far, I have never lost hope.  Sure, I may have found myself confused and frustrated at times, but that doesn't mean I've lost hope.  I have hope in God's plan for my future...I have hope that His plan will be far better than I could have ever imagined for myself...I have hope that, when Steve and I are blessed to become parents, the experience will be everything I dreamed it would be and more.  I know that becoming a parent will be messy and crazy at times, but God gives me hope in a future filled with joy and love.  And it is this hope that has kept me going through the years.  I couldn't imagine a life without hope...and I pray that no matter what your circumstance is, you always find a way to hope in what lies ahead.

                And, just in case you're curious, the worst "fortune" I ever got from a cookie was foot: a device for finding furniture in the dark.  I did not save that one and yet I will probably never be able to get that wisdom out of my mind ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment