Saturday, September 22, 2012

Your fertility does not affect your likeability ;)

                A message to all fertile myrtles of the world: I might be jealous of the ease of your journeys, but I still like you!  I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine who you would definitely consider a fertile myrtle.  She shared with me that she enjoys following my blog but that she feels a bit guilty when she reads it because she had an easier road to motherhood.  (A little background about her: she has had the opposite of a struggle to get pregnant and actually got pregnant twice while on birth control.  While I may be jealous of the ease it took her to get to her beautiful little babies, I also know that it was difficult to get pregnant both times when she was not planning or preparing for it.)  So I want all you ladies out there that may be in the same fertile boat as my friend to know that, despite my struggles over the last 3 years, your success in conceiving and having a baby doesn't make me like you any less.  Some of my nearest and dearest supporters through this whole journey also happen to be some of the most fertile people I know.  The struggles of my fertility journey thus far have reminded me that you never know what people may be going through.  While I do admit jealously and reference it as a clever title for my blog, I know that even you fertile myrtles out there are struggling with issues of your own in some area of life or another.  It's not possible to face the hardships of this world alone and I thank God for surrounding me with friends (fertile and non-fertile alike) that I am blessed to fight through the mud with every day :).

1 comment:

  1. Danielle-I am so happy to have stumbled upon your blog! I have struggled with infertility myself, but have one child. I really appreciate the reminder that "you never know what people may be going through" or have gone through. I'll pray that all continues wonderfully for you during your pregnancy! I'll be back to visit your blog and keep up with updates :)

    ReplyDelete