Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day feels like an oxymoron sometimes...

                No, I don't really believe that Happy Mother's Day is an oxymoron because it gives me a chance to remember what a wonderful mother (and mother-in-law) God blessed me with in this life.  But I also wouldn't call it the most happy of holidays for those of us having a hard time becoming a mom.  Rewind back a year and a half ago...this was supposed to be my first official Mother's Day.  I should be celebrating as a mom with an 8 1/2 month old baby in my arms.  And last year I would have celebrated as a mom-to-be knowing that a beautiful baby was growing inside me and getting ready to meet the rest of the world.  But, sadly, I miscarried my first baby and I have met Mother's Day both last year and this year with a little heartbrokenness.  I can honestly say that I didn't expect to meet this holiday again without either being pregnant or having a baby in my arms, but that is the path my life has taken and I am holding on to hope that my time will come.  But until then, this holiday is just another reminder of the fertility failures so far for myself and for those that are traveling a similar road to mine.  Today my prayers are full for the women who have a hard time saying "Happy Mother's Day"...know that I and others are right there with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment