Thursday, May 3, 2012

A, B, C, E, F, G...wait, something's missing

                The latest discovery along this journey of mine is that I am Vitamin D deficient.  Really...Vitamin D?  It's not like I'm a hermit who never goes out in the sun!  Let's just add one more random thing that is wrong up on the board and see how it affects everything else in my system, shall we?  Talk about annoying...it seems every time we think we get one problem fixed, another thing pops up.  My mom decided to test my Vitamin D level this past cycle (along with my progesterone and thyroid levels - two other issues I have that relate to my fertility problems) because she has recently come across several sources that showed a link between a Vitamin D deficiency and infertility.  And if Julie Penick, DNP, PhD, ThD, FNP, MSN thinks my Vitamin D level needs to be addressed than we shall address it :).  I guess now I'll add another supplement to my daily regimen (oh joy, more pills to swallow) and get out in the sun a little more (ok, this one isn't so bad). 
                For you other ladies out there who are struggling to conceive or maintain a pregnancy, if you have not gotten your Vitamin D level checked yet it's probably worth a look.  Here is a link to one of the articles my mom sent me if you're interested: http://www.thefertilitydoc.com/vitamin-d-deficiency-may-diminish-your-fertility-by-david-kreiner-md-and-brianna-rudick-md/.  And if you have never had your thyroid level or your 7 day post-ovulation progesterone level checked, you really should talk to your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment