Thursday, April 12, 2012

How will the healing begin?

I've received many messages since officially launching this blog last week and I wanted to share a thought from one of them with you.  I got a very encouraging email from someone who read my first blog post...one of those "friend of a friend" connections because he is the husband to a friend of mine from college.  Amongst several comments, he shared the thought that I titled this post after: "if we never show our wounds, how will the healing begin?"  I don't think I could say it any better myself so I'm not even going to try :).  I just felt like it was a simple, yet eloquent question full of wisdom.  How can we expect to heal if we don't show our wounds to anybody?  I'm not saying you have to show them on a completely public scale like I've decided to take on, but you've got to talk to someone.  I mentioned in a previous post that I'm a person who doesn't like to admit that I'm struggling with anything, but it wasn't until I shared my struggles with others that I began to process through them and handle them better emotionally.  God brings people into our lives for a reason...people who want to help us through the good times and bad.  We were made with a desire for connection to others.  Don't try to handle your troublesome journey on your own. 

Please email me at jealousoffertilemyrtle@gmail.com if you need someone to connect with.  I am here to help through prayer and correspondence if you need a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment