Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A desire that follows me around the world


                Well, I'm back from a vacation to the Riviera Maya with my husband feeling refreshed and renewed :).  Oh, and still wanting to be a mom just as much as ever.  No matter where we are in the world or what we're doing, it still seems that thoughts of a baby pop up constantly.  When I ate something I knew I wasn't supposed to (hey, it was a vacation after all), felt a cramp in my stomach, saw a cute kid walk by...etc, etc...I was once again reminded of our continued journey to become parents.  And having Steve 24 hours a day for 6 days with no other distractions even enhanced those thoughts because it gave us the chance to reflect on what's been going on more.  As much as I sometimes wish I could just take a mental detour from this road I'm traveling, I don't think it would be possible to take a break from something your heart desires so much.  It's a desire that permeates everything I do.  And if my desire is that great, I realize that when my prayers are answered it will probably result in unspeakable joy that I can't even fathom right now.  So my prayer today is for all of you who are also trying to become mommies and daddies - that you would experience unspeakable joy sooner rather than later :).

No comments:

Post a Comment