Thursday, August 2, 2012

"I see pregnant people..."

                Anyone else ever noticed the phenomenon where you start seeing the car you just purchased everywhere around you?  Never really took notice of it before, but once you start driving it you realize how many of them are actually on the road?  Well…pretty sure it’s like that with pregnant women or new moms when you’re trying to conceive!  I obviously can’t take notice of other women who are also trying to conceive (it’s not like we wear a sign around or anything), but boy does it seem like I will hone in on any pregnant woman or baby in a car seat within a 50 foot radius.  I was at a store on vacation last week and, while waiting in line to check out, I immediately noticed two pregnant women and one new mom (she had an adorable little girl sitting in the cart while she loaded the conveyor belt) among the people in my close proximity.  I think most women tend to notice cute babies around, but I don’t really remember taking extra notice of pregnant women until my husband and I started trying to conceive.  But now that I desire to have a rounded belly of my own (probably the only time in life people ever think "I wish I had a bigger belly"), it's all I can think about when I see a pregnant woman.  As if I didn't think about it enough already...

Oh, and yes, the title of this post is a reference to The Sixth Sense ;). 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I know people that announce their pregnancies almost EVERY day. I know at least 13 people that are pregnant right now, and not that we're trying (we want to pay off one last credit card this year), but with a new nephew, 2 new cousins, and the at least 10 other people that I know are prego, the pressure's on. I definitely have baby-envy.

    ReplyDelete