Sunday, August 26, 2012

Msn.com's 9 Natural Fertility Boosters

http://healthyliving.msn.com/pregnancy-parenting/advice/9-natural-fertility-boosters-2#1

1. Limit caffeine consumption to less than 300 mg a day (less than 50 mg per day if trying IVF).  According to the article, an average 8 oz cup of coffee has 100-130 mg of caffeine.

2. If you’re overweight, lose weight.

3. If you’re underweight, gain weight.

4. Try acupuncture.

5. Walk 30 minutes per day.  The article claims it helps increase circulation to the pelvis and reproductive organs.

6. Deal with depression.

7. Eat a balanced diet.

8. Strictly limit alcohol consumption.

9. Stop smoking and avoid second-hand smoke.

Who knows…I hope something on this list is helpful for someone who reads it.  The one thing I’ll take away from it is a reminder to limit my caffeine consumption.  Even though I only drink one cup of coffee per day and never drink soda, this one will encourage me to make sure I’m using half-caff and decaf more often :).  Can't hurt, right?

2 comments:

  1. Are you saying that you already have done all the other 9? Did you know that decaf coffee can cause problems with people with gluten sensitivities? I don't know if that's because there's actual gluten in it or not. Anyway, who knew?
    Like you wrote about on you ? post, it's difficult when you already do ALL the suggestions and it STILL doesn't work...hmmm.... I'm convinced that conception is a TOTAL mystery. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elizabeth, I have tried everything else on the list...I'm a healthy weight, I do acupuncture regularly, I walk (and I don't have a job where I sit a lot anyway), not depressed, I eat well, and I don't drink or smoke. I didn't know about decaf coffee causing problems with gluten sensitivities - that's interesting and definitely something I will look up. While I don't really have "gluten issues", I know that gluten issues can sometimes interfere with fertility so I avoid it most of the time. Hope that new baby boy is treating you well - I truly smile for you all when I see his picture on facebook because I know you all had quite the journey to parenthood as well.

      Delete